Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Silent Parade by Keigo Higashino

 


Review

In my opinion, the writer relied on Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express book and wrote a version of it placed in a Japanese setting.  That is why I am also expressing my criticism in comparison to this story.  To be honest, Japanese society and culture have always been sympathetic to me, I feel like I should have been born there more, my thinking and ideas are close to that.  This is why the slow, systematic and yet effective thinking that manifests itself in the actions of both the perpetrators and Professor Yukawa does.  Because in this story, it is not the investigators who are the positive actors, but the victims who become criminals.  I felt the role of the police was secondary and unethical, I didn’t understand why the good was being persecuted with all their might, and they were reassured that the evil, the killer, could not be imprisoned.  Therefore, the victims must unite so that the wicked will receive a worthy punishment.  Here, too, the dilemma arises as to whether we can expect the state, the judicial system, to deliver justice.  That would be his job.  But our experience is that if we want to deliver justice, we have to take care of it ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment